I think it is outrageous that the University of Florida is paying the murderer and anti-disabled bigot Jack Kevorkian $50,000 to speak. And I certainly don't object to protests against that appearance. But, worried about disruption, the university is properly planning security precautions.
For those bitter opponents of Kevorkian who read SHS, please: When he comes, be civil and do not disrupt his presentation. And by all means, do not threaten him or engage in pie throwing or worse.
The best revenge will be to ask pointed questions that will reveal K in all his ghoulishness. For example:
1. Do you still believe in "obitiatry," that is, in medically experimenting on people who are being euthanized?
2. Along this same line, do you still want to experiment on prisoners being executed?
3. Were you aware that most of your assisted suicides were not people who were terminally ill?
4. You said that if you were jailed, you would stop eating and die in order to protest the tyranny of your imprisonment. Why did you change your mind?
5. Do you still support the creation of euthanasia clinics to kill people who are terminally ill, disabled, and in existential anguish?
Free speech works. The university is wrong for paying K so much money to talk when in many ways he is equivalent to David Duke. But if he appears, by all means let him talk. He will sink his own boat.